With abundant land available, most international students want to study in Canada to pursue higher education and live…
The post What is the Provincial Nominee Program? appeared first on Leverage Edu.
With abundant land available, most international students want to study in Canada to pursue higher education and live here as well. The opportunities available in the country are immense. People across the world are attracted by the number of facilities available in the country by the Canadian government such as offering social well-being programs to the residents of the country. One of the most famous immigration programmes in Canada is the provincial nominee program. Here, in this blog, we have explained everything about the provincial nominee program in detail.
Canada is one of the best countries to study abroad and the Provincial Nominee Program is a set of Canadian immigration programs which is carried out in partnership with individual provinces. All the provinces have their own requirements and streams. However, each province has one stream which is aligned with the federal express entry immigration selection system. The provincial nominee program allows the provinces and territories in Canada to nominate individuals or families who wish to settle in a particular province or a territory in Canada. All the provinces and territories have their own eligibility criteria for the provincial nominee programs. The eligibility depends on the need of that particular province and may vary from each other.
The provincial nominee program is for all those people who have the necessary skills, experience and education so as to contribute positively in that particular province and people who want to become permanent residents of Canada.
The nominee needs to submit an application specifying everything and then the province decides whether to select a certain individual or not which depends on a lot of different factors.
Must Read: Top 5 Reasons to Study in Canada
Though the eligibility criteria is selected by the provincial government, the final decision regarding the immigration is made by the federal government.
The application procedure for provincial nominee programs is a two step process. In the first step, you need to apply to the provincial government and then move forward to applying to the federal government in step two, if you get selected in the first step.
The steps for application to provincial nominee program are:
- Complete your application- The first and the foremost step in the application procedure is completing your application after finding out your eligibility out of all the options available. After completing your application, you need to submit that application to that particular province or territory.
- Receive a Provincial Nomination Certificate- If you get selected by the provincial government based on your application and if you meet the eligibility criteria, you will receive a provincial nomination certificate from the provincial government.
- Apply for Permanent Residency- The final step in the application procedure of the provincial nominee program is to submit an application for permanent residency to the federal government of Canada.
Regardless of the fact whether you are applying through a non-express entry or express entry system, you need to meet the eligibility requirements of the particular province that you are applying to.
List of Provincial Programs in Canada
We have curated a list of provincial programs in Canada for you. Check them out here-
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
- Yukon Nominee Program
- Nova Scotia Nominee Program
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
- Northwest Territories Nominee Program
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program
Here are the details for some of the provincial programs for your better understanding:
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
Alberta acts as one of the most popular places in Canada for new immigrants. The AINP welcomes entrepreneurs, workers as well as graduates. In order to be eligible for the AINP, one must have certain skills so as to contribute to the job market of Alberta or is willing to start or purchase a business in the province. People selected by the provincial government can apply along with their family but they must ensure that they can provide for their families.
- Alberta express entry system– Eligible candidates with an express entry profile may be invited by the AINP to apply for PR with the federal government.
- Alberta Opportunity Stream– Eligible for candidates who are already working in Alberta or have a job offer from someone in Alberta.
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream– Eligible for those who are willing to start or purchase a business in Alberta.
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
Ontario provides opportunities to varied and diverse people to apply for permanent residency.
- Entrepreneur– This is for people who are willing to start or purchase a business in Ontario.
- International Students– It is for all the students who are in Ontario or have an offer letter from any university in Ontario.
Must Read: Eligibility for MBA in Canada
We hope that this blog was able to help you get familiarized with the provincial nominee program. Planning to study in Canada? Get in touch with Leverage Edu experts to get complete assistance in the procedure of selecting the best course for yourself and getting admission in your dream university. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.