Concerns regarding cybersecurity is higher than ever. This has created a high demand for Cyber security experts which…
The post Pursue Cyber Security in UK! appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Concerns regarding cybersecurity is higher than ever. This has created a high demand for Cyber security experts which resulted in the popularization of cybersecurity courses. Students can opt for either a bachelor’s or a master’s degree. A bachelor’s degree in cyber security is a four-year long program whereas a master’s degree could be a 1-2 year-long program. The UK has become a popular choice for students from all around the world to pursue a program in cyber security. One can choose a specialization in various areas including software and security management, computer forensics, ethical hacking, and computer ethics.
Top Reasons to Study Cyber Security in UK
UK is a popular study-abroad destination for international students. UK is the home of many top-ranking universities and offers globally recognized degree programs. Students will get a chance to learn from experts in the industry. The following are the reasons why many students choose to study in the UK.
- The UK offers top-quality education for students. Each course trains the students in the fundamentals of cyber security and their practices in the modern era.
- Many universities in the UK have special classes, industrial visits, and networking fairs where students can interact with the top professionals in the industry and learn from them.
- It offers a promising career path for students with multiple opportunities for growth and some of the most well-paid jobs.
- Cybersecurity courses in UK equip students with analytical and operational knowledge in the areas related to cybersecurity and data.
Top Universities to Pursue Cyber Security
The following are the top universities in the UK to pursue a cybersecurity program.
The following are the topics covered in a cybers security course:
- Foundation of Computing and Cyber Security
- Endpoint Security
- Secure Coding
- Business Infrastructure and Security
- Incident Response and Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Industrial Cryptography
- Malware and Attacker Techniques
- Cyber-Physical Systems Security
- Cyber Security and Social Responsibility
- Artificial Intelligence for Cyber Security
- Digital Securities
- Malware Analysis Introduction
- Cryptography and Secure Communication
- Basic Dynamic Analysis
- Digital Forensics
- Introduction to Python
- Malware Functionality
- Network Programming
- Ethical Hacking
In the UK, the following are the basic eligibility criteria of most universities:
- An applicant must have their academic transcripts of previous education
- If you wish to pursue a bachelor’s in cybersecurity, you must have completed your 10+2 education from a science background with an aggregate of 60%-70%
- To pursue a master’s in cybersecurity, the applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field with an aggregate of 50%-60% or a CGPA of at least 3.0/4.0
- Candidates may be asked to submit their English language proficiency test scores. TOEFL – 70 to 100 or IELTS – 6.0 to 7.0
- An applicant may also need to submit their GMAT or GRE test scores
- Relevant Work Experience
- Other additional documents
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more updates
The following are the documents you will be required to pursue a program in cyber security in UK:
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined!
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for studying cybersecurity in the UK.
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs, and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates, and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
Job Profiles and Salary
Given below is the list of some popular professional paths and salaries after pursuing a cybersecurity program:
|Job Profiles||Salary in GBP||In INR|
|Security Administrator||68,701||63.25 Lacs|
|Security Consultant||64,183||59.09 Lacs|
|Chief Information Security Officer||98,928||91.08 Lacs|
|Security Analyst||73,179||67.37 Lacs|
Cost of Living in UK
The average cost of living in the UK for an international student range from GBP 900 to 1300 or INR 82,866 – 1.19 Lacs per month. However, this cost can vary depending on the city of your stay. The following are the cost of basic amenities in the UK:
|Basic Utilities||100 GBP||9,207|
If you want to get into a high-ranked university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realize your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.
The average cost of living in the UK for an international student range from GBP 900 to 1300 or INR 82,866 – 1.19 Lacs per month. However, this cost can vary depending on the city of your stay.
The University of Birmingham, University of Southampton, University College London, etc are some of the top universities in the UK to study cyber security.
The UK is known for its world-class education and top-ranking universities. Apart from it, universities in the UK provide students with global networking opportunities and offer well-paid jobs in this domain.