Electrical engineering is one of the more contemporary engineering disciplines. It is the branch of engineering that deals…
The post MSc in Electrical Engineering appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Electrical engineering is one of the more contemporary engineering disciplines. It is the branch of engineering that deals with technology about electricity. Electrical Engineering (EE), one of the earliest engineering specialities, examines electromagnetic, electronics, and electricity and their applications. Further specializations have emerged in the field, including control engineering, power engineering, and communication engineering. You’ve found the ideal blog if you’re interested in electronics and want to work in the industry.
|Name of the Course||MSc in Electrical Engineering|
|Eligibility||BE or B-Tech|
|Standardized Test Required||GRE – 320TOEFL– 79- 100IELTS-6.0 – 6.5PTE– 65|
|Average Tuition Fee||INR 21 Lakh to INR 60 Lakh|
|Career Prospects||Electrical Engineer, Electronics Engineer, System Engineer.|
|Average Salary||INR 60 Lakh to INR 95 Lakh|
What is Electrical Engineering?
Electrical engineering focuses primarily on researching and creating electronic, electromagnetic, and electrically powered machinery and apparatus. Typically, this course is cross-listed with computer science and electronics engineering courses. Electrical engineering deals with larger-scale assembly and distribution of electrical power, while electronics engineering deals with miniature electronic circuits and components.
The course will cover the Internet of Things (IoT), Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Digital Control Engineering, Antennas and Propagation, Integrated Circuits, Signal Processing, Materials Science, and others.
Here’s the list of some of the popular universities offering MSc in Electrical Engineering;
There are certain general qualifying requirements when wanting to pursue an MSc in Electrical Engineering overseas, but it’s crucial to know that they may change based on the university you’re applying to:
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, such as a BTech or BE, with the minimum (60%) grades required by the college or university.
- For those interested in pursuing an MSc in Electrical Engineering, the majority of universities may demand GRE scores.
- A decent score on English language proficiency exams like the IELTS or TOEFL is required to enrol in this program overseas.
- Universities abroad frequently request LORs, SOPs, and relevant job experience; however, these requirements may vary depending on the university.
Now that you have a clear understanding of the various universities offering an MSc in Electrical Engineering abroad. Let’s take a look at the documentation segment, which is one of the most crucial steps:
- Academic Transcripts from all attended universities/colleges
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- GRE score card
- SOP/LORs (Varies from University to university)
- Some countries do ask for Health test results or specific health insurance documents as well.
- Financial Proofs
The process of narrowing down universities is quite time-consuming, and it becomes increasingly trickier when considering universities abroad. Once a candidate settles on which nation or university they will enrol in, the application process begins to cause them a lot of stress.
The application procedure begins several months ahead of classes and lasts for a considerable amount of time. For overseas students to begin their studies, universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process to study abroad:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform.
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates, and roommates virtually.
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
The primary issue when an applicant wants to study abroad is financing. But the good news is that many scholarships are available for students at some of the best colleges who want to study abroad. Let’s look at some of them now:
Today, we consider electricity to be a basic necessity. Since it is indispensable to life, the graph illustrating its potential will continually increase. Graduates of the program have the option of continuing their education by pursuing a PhD in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline such as Power Systems, Microelectronics, Electrophysics, Integrated Devices and Systems, Nanoelectronics, etc.
Interestingly, In Canada, salaries for electrical engineers with consistent job experience hover around $115,000 (INR 93.82 Lakh). In Switzerland, engineers with comparable experience make roughly $108,000 (INR 88.10 Lakh) per year. They make an average of $102,000 (INR 83.21 Lakh) a year in South Korea. Electrical engineers make around $100,000 (INR 81.57 Lakh) annually in the USA.
Ans: Some of the most preferred abroad destinations for an MS in Electrical Engineering are the USA, UK, Germany, France, and Australia.
Ans: MTech is a 2-year program, whereas MS programs can be finished in 2- to 4 years. The thesis work counts for a significant portion of the M.Tech degree’s credit, while the MS requires studying three to four subjects.
Ans: For students interested in electrical engineering careers in wave propagation, antenna design, or microwave communications, electromagnetics is a perfect concentration.
Planning, shortlisting, and preparing for all compulsory standardized tests at the institution are not simple tasks. It necessitates extensive investigation, labour, and most definitely, direction. Contact our specialists at Leverage Edu to receive assistance on this path and to make the arduous process of preparing for your international studies easier.