The UK is the hub for international students and is the home of many prestigious universities. MBBS in…
The post MBBS Scholarships in UK appeared first on Leverage Edu.
The UK is the hub for international students and is the home of many prestigious universities. MBBS in the UK is equivalent to a Bachelor of Medicine, or Bachelor’s of Surgery also referred to as MB ChB or MB BCh in some universities. Usually, an MBBS degree in the UK is a 5-6 years long program. Generally, British medicine courses have a six to twelve weeks elective period where a student gets an opportunity to study outside of their home medical university. A student will get a chance to explore more about British culture ad gain insights into how medicine is viewed around the globe.
Why MBBS in UK?
The UK is one of the leading countries in education and pursuing MBBS in the UK is an ideal option for many international and home students because of its affordability. Given Below are the following reasons why many medical aspirants wish to pursue MBBS in the UK:
- The UK is home to many prestigious universities among which 600 medical universities belong to top world rankings
- Being a doctor in the UK is a very lucrative career option as the average salary of a doctor in the UK is 67% more than that of other health and medical occupations.
- Being a doctor/physician has always been an in-demand career choice therefore, there are a lot of opportunities present for growth and offers great pay.
Top Universities in UK for MBBS
The following are the top universities in the UK to pursue MBBS:
MBBS Scholarships in UK
Pursuing an MBBS degree in the UK can be quite easy on the pocket as the universities in the UK offer many scholarships for international students based on their merit, academic record and other skills. The following are scholarships offered by various universities that provide fee waivers or funds.
|Chevening Scholarship||£18,000||16.37 Lacs|
|Global Health Future Leaders Scholarship||£2,500||2.27 Lacs|
|Hulk York Medical School International Scholarship||£8,737||7.94 Lacs|
|Imperial College Faculty of Medicine Scholarship||£1,000||90,968|
|Rhodes Scholarship||£15,141||13.77 Lacs|
MBBS Entrance Exam
MBBS programs in the UK may require you to provide your entrance exam scores like NEET, UKCAT, BMAT or GAMSAT. This may vary depending on the university. Given below is the list of entrance exams and their minimum scores required for MBBS in the UK.
A student must meet all the following eligibility criteria to pursue their MBBS in the UK and to be eligible for MBBS Scholarships in the UK:
- An applicant must be 18 years old or above
- The candidate must have completed their 10+2 in the science stream including Biology with an aggregate of 80%
- A student must provide proof of their English Language Proficiency. IELTS score of 7.0 or above
You will be required to submit the following documents to pursue your MBBS in the UK:
The application process takes place over some time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined!
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for pursuing courses in Italy
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates, and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
Cost of Living in UK
The average cost of living in the UK is 12,000 GBP or INR 10.91 Lacs per annum for an international student. The following is the list of other expenses in the UK:
|Accommodation||£500 – £700||45,484 – 63,677|
|Food and Beverages||£100 – £200||9,096 – 18,193|
|Transportation||£30 – £40||2,729 – 3,638|
|Basic Household||£40 – £50||3,638 – 4,548|
|Other Expenses||£200 – £300||18,193 – 27,290|
The average cost of living in the UK is 12,000 GBP or INR 10.91 Lacs for an international student.
The University of Cambridge, University of Oxford, University College London (UCL), Imperial College of London, etc are some of the top universities in the UK for MBBS.
An MBBS program in the UK is usually a 5-6 year-long degree program.
Well, we hope that this blog has provided you with the relevant information on MBBS scholarships in the UK and if you planning to pursue the same or any other course abroad, feel free to connect with Leverage Edu for total assistance or call us on 1800 572 000 and book a free session today!