Agricultural science is a popular domain in biology that encompasses the production and processing of food and fibre,…
The post Agriculture Universities in USA appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Agricultural science is a popular domain in biology that encompasses the production and processing of food and fibre, technologies of soil cultivation, crop cultivation, animal husbandry and production and processing of plant and animal products for human consumption. Agricultural science has a broad spectrum that includes the aspect of economics and social sciences in the application and a better understanding of the agricultural system. It is becoming a popular course among students, especially in the USA. And if you wish to about agriculture universities in USA, continue reading this blog.
Top Agricultural Universities in USA
The following are the top agricultural universities in the USA:
|Universities||QS World Ranking 2023||Avg Tuition Fees||In INR|
|University of Massachusetts Amherst||253||$38,582||31.51 Lakh|
|Cornell University||20||$62,456||51.00 Lakh|
|University of California Davis||102||$61,000||49.82 Lakh|
|University of Florida||188||$51,705||42.22 Lakh|
|Harvard University||5||$51,143||41.77 Lakh|
|University of Illinois Urbana Champaign||85||$36,018 – $45,774||29.41 – 37.38 Lakh|
|Michigan State University||159||$25,000||20.41 Lakh|
|Washington State University||443||$28,860||23.57 Lakh|
|Ohio State University||140||$35,019||28.60 Lakh|
|University of Minnesota Twin Cities||185||$36,280||29.63 Lakh|
Must Read: Best Universities for Agriculture Courses
Why Study Agriculture?
The following are the reasons to study agriculture science:
- The demand for agriculture experts is increasing every day. This promises many growth opportunities in the future
- Advancements in technology will open new horizons in the agriculture field including animal management, agricultural economics, biotechnology basics, agronomy, agricultural engineering, etc
- There are many specializations offered and you can choose from a wide range of topics for research
- Agricultural Science includes various subjects focused on biology, economics and business for an effective management system
- You will a variety of skills including breeding and genetics, crop production, biology, anatomy and physiology and their applications
Top Reasons to Study in the USA
The USA has been one of the most popular study-abroad destinations. The following are the reasons why students prefer to study in the USA:
- Many of the world’s top-ranking universities are in the USA, known for providing top-quality education
- You will get to practice with the premium equipment available which will provide the best learning experience
- Agriculture is among the rapidly growing fields in the USA
- It offers abundant opportunities for growth
- There are many areas of employment such as government agencies, NGOs, research institutes and food industries
Agriculture Universities in USA: Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must meet the following criteria to pursue a degree in agriculture:
- To pursue a bachelor in agriculture, the applicant must have completed their 10+2 from the science stream with a minimum aggregate of 55%
- To pursue a master’s in agriculture, the applicant must have completed their bachelor’s degree in the relevant field
- The candidate may be asked to qualify for an entrance test. However, many universities also accept students on merit
- The candidate may be asked to provide proof of their English Language Proficiency by submitting IELTS or, TOEFL score
Agriculture Universities in USA: Documents Required
The following are the document required to pursue a degree in agriculture:
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process to study in agriculture universities in the USA
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
Job Profile and Salary
The following are the popular career choices in the agriculture domain:
|Job Profile||Avg Salary in USD||In INR|
|Agriculture Officer||$82,859||67.67 Lakh|
|Plantation Manager||$48,750||39.81 Lakh|
|Production Manager||$47,502||38.79 Lakh|
|Farm Manager||$53,108||43.37 Lakh|
|Agriculture Research Scientist||$73,938||60.38 Lakh|
Must Read: Career in Agriculture
Agriculture is an expansive domain that garners many specializations and offers many career opportunities. There are many companies that offer job opportunities in the agriculture domain and many new companies are also emerging. The opening positions are in operations, field and management. Students can also pursue higher education in agriculture science with master’s programs or MBA in agribusiness.
A. USA has been one of the most popular study-abroad destinations. The following are the reasons why students prefer to study in the USA:
Many of the world’s top-ranking universities are in the USA, known for providing top-quality education
You will get to practice with the premium equipment available which will provide the best learning experience
Cornell University, University of California Davis, University of Florida, Harvard University, etc are some of the top agriculture universities in the USA.
Agricultural science is a popular domain in biology that encompasses the production and processing of food and fibre, technologies of soil cultivation, crop cultivation, animal husbandry and production and processing of plant and animal products for human consumption.
So, we hope that this blog has provided you with relevant information on Agriculture Universities in the USA. And if you pursue this course or any other course abroad, contact Leverage Edu for full assistance. You can also call us at 1800572000 and book a free session today!