Top 10 Nigeria News Headlines from Naija News Website For Today, 04 July 2023 have been compiled below by Aprokovibes Nigeria Reporter.
Aprokovibes Nigeria has compiled the top 10 Nigeria News Headlines and Naija News from Nigerian newspapers, this means that the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria today can be accessed on this page.
Top 10 Nigeria News Headlines, Naija News For Today, Tuesday 04 July 2023 Can be accessed below:
1. Ahead of today’s resumption of the Senate, the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party has resolved to transmit a letter to the Senate President, Godswill Akpabio, to stay action on filling the position of the Senate minority leadership of the upper legislative chamber. This was part of the decision taken by the National Working Committee of the party on Monday at a meeting in Abuja.
2. The Presidential Election Petition Court, in Abuja, on Monday, admitted in evidence the final report of the European Union Observer Mission on the February 25 presidential election. The EU report was tendered at the tribunal by the Peoples Democratic Party and its candidate, Atiku Abubakar, who are challenging the outcome of the poll.
3. A woman, Nnaemaka Nwosu, on Sunday, allegedly set a policewoman and her two children ablaze in Nnokwa community, Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra State. It was gathered that the suspect, who hails from Amawbia community, after being divorced by her husband, became homeless and was in dire need of accommodation when the policewoman offered her accommodation in her apartment.
4. Ejikeme Mmesoma, a student of Anglican Girls Secondary School, Nnewi, Anambra State, who was accused of inflating her Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) result, on Monday, said she printed her result from JAMB portal, adding that she was not capable of forging her result. She said she had always been a brilliant pupil, who had secured first position from primary school days.
5. Fire on Monday gutted the popular Soprom Hotel in the commercial city of Onitsha, Anambra State, destroying property worth millions of naira. The state’s police spokesman, DSP Tochukwu Ikenga, who confirmed the incident on Monday, said the fire started around 5am and that policemen were immediately deployed to the scene to maintain law and order.
6. Governor Charles Soludo of Anambra State has ordered a probe into the controversy trailing the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UMTE) result of a pupil from the state. In a statement on Monday, Anambra State, Commissioner for Education, Prof. Ngozi Chuma-Udeh, said the State government had instituted a panel of inquiry to probe the controversy.
7. Several persons were on Monday, trapped in a four-storey building that collapsed at Life Camp, Jabi, Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. It was gathered that the building, which was still under construction, collapsed at about 4:00 pm on Monday, while the workers were working on the site.
8. President Bola Tinubu, on Monday, met with the nation’s service chiefs for the first time since their appointment and charged them to work as a team to deliver on their assigned responsibilities. National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, who led the chiefs to the meeting, told State House Correspondents that they would work tirelessly to ensure peace in the country.
9. The 2023 presidential election substantially complied with the Electoral Act, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) insisted on Monday. Head of Technology (IT) Department, Dr. Lawrence Bayode, said this at the hearing of the petition by Atiku Abubakar and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
10. A Federal High Court in Abuja has voided the expulsion of former Enugu State Governor Chimaroke Nnamani from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over alleged anti-party activities. In a judgment on Monday, Justice James Omotosho held that Nnamani was not given fair hearing in accordance with the constitution of the PDP.