Situated in Southeast Asia, Thailand is a scenic country located by the blue shores. Enticing everyone with its…
The post Best Thailand Scholarships for International Students 2023 appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Situated in Southeast Asia, Thailand is a scenic country located by the blue shores. Enticing everyone with its tropical beaches and the lively statues of Buddha, Thailand is also a popular study destination in Asia. The modern culture, friendly people and excellent educational amenities attract almost 20,000 international students every year. Although Thailand offers economic education in numerous fields of study, managing the expenses can be a cumbersome process. But we have got you covered! Read this blog to explore the best Thailand scholarships for international students that you must apply for!
List of Top 15 Thailand Scholarships
To help students pay their way through academic institutions in Thailand, many esteemed organisations have come up and offered fully as well as partially funded scholarships. Here are the top Thailand scholarships for international students:
- Thailand International Postgraduate Program (TIPP)
- Education Fund International scholarship
- IELTS Test Fee Scholarship
- Japan Government Funding for Developing Countries Students at Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
- Education Fund International Scholarship
- MA Program Scholarship at the School Of Global Studies, Thammasat University
- EFS scholarship program Thailand for International Students
- SIT Zero Fees English Scholarship
- Women In Finance Scholarship
- EIT International Excellence Scholarship
- Chulalongkorn University’s Graduate programme
- Harbour Space University Bangkok International Master’s Scholarship in Thailand
- Prince of Songkla University Faculty of Medicine International Student Graduate Scholarships
- SEARCA Graduate funding for Southeast Asians
- Asian Institute of Technology GAFS-AIT International Scholarship in Thailand
Now let’s explore the key details of some of these prominent Thailand Scholarships for international students:
Thailand International Postgraduate Program (TIPP)
Thailand’s government, through the Thailand International Postgraduate Programme (TIPP), is offering fully financed master’s scholarships to international students. The fellowship is accessible to students of all countries and covers all educational costs associated with obtaining a postgraduate degree. This Thailand scholarship will cover the following expenses: living allowance, lodging allowance, settlement money, books allowance, and thesis/research allowance. TIPP provides chances for Thailand and its partners to share their experiences and best practices, therefore promoting long-term and sustainable development for everybody. The eligibility criteria for TIPP are as follows:
- Candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation in a TIPP-qualified country/territory.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and/or professional experience in a relevant subject or a graduate degree.
- Candidates must be employed in a field linked to the course.
- The applicant’s age should be less than 50 years old.
- Candidates must be in good physical and mental health.
Education Fund International Scholarship
Offered by the Education Future Group, this Thailand scholarship is open to students aiming to study bachelor’s or master’s studies in Thailand. Open to all Indian nationals, the Education fund International scholarship only covers partial funding of your chosen program. The selected students can avail financial help between INR 2- 10 Lakhs for the program of their choice. The Education Future International Scholarship is exclusively available to deserving Indian students who wish to study at one of the world’s best universities.
- The applicant must be an Indian national with a current Indian passport.
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 60% in 10th and 12th grades.
- Applicants should demonstrate that they do not have the financial resources to self-fund their international education. As a result, the candidate should prepare to pay at least half of his education through a loan.
- The candidate must be going to a recognised university/college outside of India to study any UG/PG programme.
- This Thailand scholarship is available in all fields of study.
Japan Government Funding for Developing Countries Students at Asian Institute of Technology Thailand
The Honorable government of Japan in association with the Asian Institute of Technology Thailand provides this Thailand scholarship which is specifically for postgraduate aspirants. Only the candidates who belong to developing countries and want to pursue education in Thailand can avail of the scholarship which covers the entire tuition and registration fee. Associated with this scholarship are perks like medical insurance, airfare, research grants, etc. The eligibility criteria for availing of this scholarship is as follows
- To be eligible for this scholarship, students must be citizens of a developing country.
- A four-year undergraduate degree programme or its equivalent is required.
- The applicant must apply for a one-year Master’s Program in Marine Plastic Abatement at the School of Environment, Resources, and Development’s Environmental Engineering and Management (EEM) Program (SERD).
- If you are a non-native English speaker, you must demonstrate your competence by obtaining an IELTS Academic score of 6 or a TOEFL CBT of 213 or a TOEFL IBT of 80.
MA Program Scholarship at the School Of Global Studies, Thammasat University
Thammasat University’s School of Global Studies is a prestigious university that offers a cutting-edge Master’s degree in Social Innovation and Sustainability. Currently, the institution provides two categories of scholarships (100% & partial tuition scholarship):
- Scholarships for Thesis / Research: For individuals who want to pursue a career in research and see the MA as a stepping stone to a PhD.
- Scholarship for Social Innovators: For people with expertise in social innovation projects or who have worked in the social impact sector and want to further their studies in a related subject at the master’s level.
The eligibility criteria to avail this scholarship are as follows:
- New candidates applying for admission and those who were admitted into the programme in admission rounds 1 – 3.
- Those having a minimum GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Those who have at least two or three years of experience in community leadership initiatives.
- The scholarship is open to people of all nationalities.
EFS scholarship program Thailand for International Students
The EFS scholarship programme Thailand for International Students is a fully financed scholarship available to International Students. The scholarship provides for masters and doctoral-level programmes in the following fields of study:
Eligibility requirements for Thailand scholarships:
- All nationalities, with the exception of Thai students, are able to apply.
- To be eligible for the programme, you must fulfil the SIIT eligibility requirements.
- Shall be in good physical and mental health.
- You cannot be the recipient of more than one scholarship at the same time.
- Return airport pick up and economy class airline ticket.
Travel within Thailand
Monthly Living Allowance of 7,000 Baht
- 9,000 Baht per month in Bangkok and Phuket or 7,000 Baht in the regional province as a monthly lodging allowance
- 6,000 Baht were paid as settlement upon their initial arrival in Thailand
- The annual books allowance is 10,000 Baht. (Master’s degree just requires 4 semesters)
- A lump sum payment of 12,000 Baht for thesis printing or 8,000 Baht for independent study (IS) printing is included in the 20,000 Baht thesis allowance for required fieldwork or data collecting
- Tuition: A direct reimbursement from TICA will be made to awardees for their tuition costs, minus any equipment insurance fees, transcript fees, and certificate fees
- Medical & Health Insurance
How to apply?
For application guidelines for Thailand Government Scholarships, kindly follow these steps:
- On the TICA website, candidates must complete the online application form.
- The National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation or pertinent central government agencies for whom the proposed applicants currently working must nominate the candidates. The rules and regulations of the nations or territories making the nomination must be followed. The Royal Thai Embassy/Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/Royal Thai Consulate-General accredited to eligible countries/territories will receive the nomination candidates’ documents from the National Focal Point.
- Please have two (2) copies and one (1) original of each of the following items ready:
- Application for TIPP (Download from here)
- Health report
- Bachelor’s degree transcript, which details the courses you took to acquire your degree.
- The Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Test results for English (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS)
- Letter of Recommendation (At least 3 people)
- Documents such as a thesis proposal (As per university request)
- The National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation and the candidates’ supervisor have both verified that all paperwork is properly completed and signed. Associated documents must all be written in English. Up to five (5) applicants may be nominated by each qualified nation or territory for each academic programme.
4. Once TICA has received the hard copy of the application form and other necessary papers through the Royal Thai Embassy, Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations, or Royal Thai Consulate-General accredited to qualifying countries and territories, the application process will be complete.
TICA thinks we are doing our part to deliver Thailand’s commitment to a sustainable future through the Thailand International Postgraduate Program and the Annual International Training Course.
The following are some of the most frequent requirements for scholarship applications:
Registration or application form
The narrative composition or motivational letter
Letter of recommendation
A university letter of acceptance.
Formal financial statements attesting to low income.
The National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation in a nation on the list of TIPP-eligible countries/territories must propose applicants in order for them to be considered for the Thailand Government Scholarship for International Students. be employed in a field linked to the course being taken
Although you can apply for as many scholarships as you like, you can only accept one. This requirement for receiving a scholarship may change from one supplier to another.
Hopefully, these Thailand scholarships have now possibly provided you with ample options that you can apply for. Are you still confused about how you will manage your study abroad expenses? Reach out to our career experts at Leverage Edu and they will help you shortlist scholarships as per the course of your choice and will also assist you in drafting an impressive application to get you successfully shortlisted!
The post Best Thailand Scholarships for International Students 2023 appeared first on Leverage Edu.